Mala beads serve not only as a spiritual tool for meditation but as a gentle reminder of the intentions you set forth while using it. Before wearing your mala the first time you may want to set your intentions with them, recite a mantra or prayer, or any special blessings.
What Is An Intention?
An intention is a positive life change or dream you want to manifest into you life. These goals can vary from a simple idea to a long-term goal, such as wanting to be a healthier person, removing a bad habit, desire to travel the world, to be successful with money and so on. Whatever your dreams may be and you intend to do. Here are a few examples:
I want to find harmony.
I want to open my heart and mind.
I want to embrace change.
To be more compassionate towards myself and others.
I desire to connect with others more openly.
I am a loving person, I exude love to all.
Release anxiety, stay calm and focused.
Find courage for success.
How To Set Your Intentions With Your Mala
To activate an intention into your mala beads simply follow these steps:
- Sit quietly, holding your mala or bracelet in the palm of your hands.
- Envision light surrounding it and then say your intention aloud. You may also visualize your intention if you prefer.
- Wear your mala while you meditate to embody the intentions you want to manifest.
Empowering Your Dreams
Once you set your intention you will want to revisit it. Fill your mind with thoughts of yourself living out your goals and try to fuel your intentions with positive attention as often as possible.
- Love yourself and let go of negative self talk. Replace thoughts of "I can't" with "I am."
- Create a space in your home where you can meditate and reflect on your goals, place your mala beads and any other special or sacred items, positive images, or notes in this place to keep the connection to your intentions and to remind yourself to meditate.
- Match your energy to the type of energy you are intending. If you want to be successful, you must think you already are. If you want to be love, you must think you are love. If you want to be happy, you must think you are happy.
- Remove any unhealthy connections from whatever you are manifesting.
- While you meditate if a negative thought crops up, take note of it and then let it go, allow yourself to just be in the moment.
A quote from the ancient Sanskrit texts known as the Upanishads declares,...
“You are what your deepest desire is. As your desire is, so is your intention. As your intention is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny.”
View Mala Beads by Intention